Ari M. Tenzer
Mr. Tenzer has extensive experience advising clients on real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, and the development, financing, leasing and management of real estate. Mr. Tenzer also has considerable experience in the hospitality industry, representing owners and operators in connection with diverse matters, including negotiating license and hotel management agreements.
Prior to founding the firm, Mr. Tenzer was an attorney at the international law firm of White & Case LLP where he worked within the firm’s corporate and real estate practice groups in Miami, Mexico City and São Paulo. Mr. Tenzer’s experience also includes working as a foreign attorney at Baker & McKenzie in São Paulo.
- Represented the owners of the Eden Roc Hotel on Miami Beach in connection with the negotiation of a license agreement for a boutique Nobu hotel, and F&B management agreement for Nobu to manage the hotel’s F&B operation. The Nobu Hotel will be a “hotel within a hotel,” similar in concept to the Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, containing approximately 200 newly-renovated rooms. This transaction also included negotiating a restaurant lease with Nobu Restaurants pursuant to which one of the most storied and high-end Japanese restaurants on Miami Beach will leave its home of over a decade at the Shore Club and move into the Eden Roc.
- Represented the owners of a large Mexican hotel company in connection with the negotiation of long-term license agreements with Hard Rock International for two new-build hotels in Los Cabos and a second, undisclosed location. The Cabo property will have 600 guest rooms, while the other location is slated to have 900.
- Represented ownership of the Marriott Stanton South Beach in connection with the negotiation of a lease with Plan Do See, an international food & beverage company with first-class restaurants in New York City (Daruma-Ya, Sushi Azabu), Japan, and other cities around the world, pursuant to which Plan Do See will open and operate several restaurants in the hotel in addition to managing the hotel’s food & beverage.
- Represented ownership of Coya Restaurants in connection with the negotiation of a restaurant lease for a space of approximately 8,500 square feet in the new structure on the southern edge of the property at 999 Brickell Avenue. The restaurant will have an outdoor terrace facing Brickell Avenue, along with a members-only club.
- Represented the shareholders of a Florida company in connection with its sale of 91,000 acres of land in Southwest Florida to an investment group led by a real estate fund, which then sold the majority of the land to the State of Florida. This transaction was the largest land conservation acquisition in the history of the State of Florida.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its US$4.1 billion acquisition of the subsidiary of a global biopharmaceutical company which included several manufacturing facilities in multiple states.
- Represented a Dutch bank in connection with its restructuring and disposition of US$2 billion portfolio of loans and REO properties.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its purchase of hundreds of distressed mortgage loans and REO properties with nearly US$350 million in unpaid principal balances.
- Represented the owners of a large Mexican hotel company in connection with a license and casino management agreement for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana and license agreements for Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of a US$350 million dollar loan secured by a luxury resort and residences in Anguilla, British West Indies.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of the PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
- Represented a large national homebuilder in connection with an exhibitor agreement and sub-exhibitor agreements for an exhibit at Epcot® theme park at Walt Disney World Resort.
Mr. Tenzer participated in the Put Something Back Pro Bono Project in which attorneys provided free legal services to Holocaust Survivors, assisting them in obtaining reparations payments pursuant to the German Ghetto Work Payment Program (a program created to offer payments to Holocaust Survivors who worked in German-controlled ghettos during World War II). Mr. Tenzer also participates in clinics hosted by Legal Services of Greater Miami in which attorneys meet with and provide advice to indigent members of society.
Admitted to Practice
BA in Economics, McGill University, Cum Laude, 2000
JD, University of Miami School of Law, Cum Laude, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
The Florida Bar, Commercial Real Estate Committee, Member
The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section, Member
Urban Land Institute (ULI), Hospitality and Recreational Development Council, Member
Urban Land Institute (ULI), Southeast Florida Young Leader Group
English , French, Hebrew, Portuguese, Spanish