Ari M. Tenzer
Mr. Tenzer has extensive experience advising clients on real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, and the development, financing, leasing and management of real estate. Mr. Tenzer also has considerable experience in the hospitality industry, representing owners and operators in connection with diverse matters, including negotiating license and hotel management agreements.
Prior to founding the firm, Mr. Tenzer was an attorney at the international law firm of White & Case LLP where he worked within the firm’s corporate and real estate practice groups in Miami, Mexico City and São Paulo. Mr. Tenzer’s experience also includes working as a foreign attorney at Baker & McKenzie in São Paulo.
- Represented the shareholders of a Florida company in connection with its sale of 91,000 acres of land in Southwest Florida to an investment group led by a real estate fund, which then sold the majority of the land to the State of Florida. This transaction was the largest land conservation acquisition in the history of the State of Florida.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its US$4.1 billion acquisition of the subsidiary of a global biopharmaceutical company which included several manufacturing facilities in multiple states.
- Represented a Dutch bank in connection with its restructuring and disposition of US$2 billion portfolio of loans and REO properties.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its purchase of hundreds of distressed mortgage loans and REO properties with nearly US$350 million in unpaid principal balances.
- Represented the owners of a large Mexican hotel company in connection with a license and casino management agreement for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana and license agreements for Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of a US$350 million dollar loan secured by a luxury resort and residences in Anguilla, British West Indies.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of the PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
- Represented a large national homebuilder in connection with an exhibitor agreement and sub-exhibitor agreements for an exhibit at Epcot® theme park at Walt Disney World Resort.
Mr. Tenzer participated in the Put Something Back Pro Bono Project in which attorneys provided free legal services to Holocaust Survivors, assisting them in obtaining reparations payments pursuant to the German Ghetto Work Payment Program (a program created to offer payments to Holocaust Survivors who worked in German-controlled ghettos during World War II). Mr. Tenzer also participates in clinics hosted by Legal Services of Greater Miami in which attorneys meet with and provide advice to indigent members of society.
Admitted to Practice
BA in Economics, McGill University, Cum Laude, 2000
JD, University of Miami School of Law, Cum Laude, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
The Florida Bar, Commercial Real Estate Committee, Member
The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section, Member
Urban Land Institute (ULI), Hospitality and Recreational Development Council, Member
Urban Land Institute (ULI), Southeast Florida Young Leader Group
English , French, Hebrew, Portuguese, Spanish